Virus - Can't watch videos/happili redirect
Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:05 PM
1) I cannot watch any videos. All previous videos that I could watch no longer work. This includes quicktime, windows media player, media player classic and vlc player.
2) I'm getting redirected from google searches onto happili.com and gimmeanswers.com
3) Internet websites keep crashing. I constantly get the operation aborted error and I get messages that IE needs to close.
I've downloaded about 6 different programs to fix the viruses but nothing has worked. Tried Norton, McAfee, Spybot, CCleaner and nothing.
Any advice? I tried to do system restore but of course that doesn't work either.
Weekly WWE, TNA, ROH, Japanese and Mexican Wrestling Reports
Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:19 PM
Kapersky has a tool called TDSSKiller that is specifically designed to remove rootkits. She had the version of the rootkit that attempts to disable TDSSKiller, but I renamed the executable and finally got it to work.
Failing that, you will probably have to go old school.
Boot your computer into Safe Mode while logged on as an administrator and delete the following registry keys:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce [RANDOM]
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run [RANDOM]
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run [RANDOM].exe
If you are uncomfortable with making registry edits, then hit up the support forums in places like ArsTechnica.
I think there is also a YouTube video tutorial about how to manually remove the happili.com rootkit.
Your DVDVR Online Gaming Meeting Hub Thread!
Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:15 AM
Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:10 AM
To Watch Queue: Rashomon, Dexter Season 7
Now Playing: Mass Effect, FIFA 13, Max Payne 3
Now Reading: Game of Thrones, Sun Also Rises, Invisible Man
And you'd think Sting would know better by now.
Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:44 AM
Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:30 PM